We are proud to work with Scotland's leading active travel organisations to get more people walking, wheeling and cycling every day.
We work in collaboration with a range of organisations that make their own unique contribution to making Scotland a happier, healthier place by encouraging active travel.
Our major active travel partners are COMO UK, Cycling Scotland, Cycling UK, Energy Saving Trust, Forth Environment Link, Living Streets Scotland and Sustrans Scotland. Together, we work to influence Transport Scotland to adopt policies that encourage active and sustainable transport, creating a Scotland that supports walking and cycling as the natural choice for short journeys.
Funding for Active Travel projects
Collectively we deliver a wide range of complementary, but different, grant schemes to support and enable active travel projects across Scotland. To find out which grant scheme meet your needs, click here.
Scotland's Active Travel Conference
Taking place annually, 'Walking Cycling Connecting Communities' is Scotland's biggest active travel event of the year. The conference brings together expert speakers, interactive workshops and networking opportunities for those working or interested in increasing active travel in Scotland. We work in partnership with Cycling Scotland, Living Streets Scotland and Sustrans Scotland to host this sell-out event each year.
The 2021 conference was held on 2 June. If you would like to request a recording for a reduced fee of £20, please contact Andrea Partridge.
Active travel and transport organisations in Scotland
- Transport Scotland - Transport Scotland is the national transport agency for Scotland. It works with partners and Local Authorities to deliver the Active Travel vision, under the Active Travel Framework. There is funding for projects throughout Scotland designed to improve public spaces, such as creating segregated walking and cycling lanes and safer junctions and crossings.
There is also support for educational and behaviour change projects, making walking and cycling the easy choice for everyday short journeys.
- Mobility and Access Committee for Scotland (MACS) - MACS was established in 2002 and is an advisory non departmental public body with a role to consider matters about the needs of disabled persons in connection with transport that the committee think are appropriate and advise the Scottish Ministers about those matters that the committee think are appropriate.Paths for All
- Paths for All - Paths for All is Scotland's Walking charity. Our vision is for Scotland to be a walking nation where everyone has the opportunity to be active every day, ensuring a happier, healthier and greener Scotland
- Cycling Scotland - Cycling Scotland is the nation’s cycling organisation. Working with others, we help create and deliver opportunities and an environment so anyone anywhere in Scotland can cycle easily and safely.
- Cycling UK - Cycling UK in Scotland’s vision is for a Scotland where more people cycle for pleasure and everyday short journeys, in attractive and safe urban spaces and rural communities, benefiting their health and wellbeing, and reducing their carbon footprints.
- Energy Saving Trust - The Energy Saving Trust is an independent organisation – working to address the climate emergency. A respected and trusted voice on energy efficiency and clean energy solutions, they continue to work towards a smart, decarbonised, decentralised energy system.
- Forth Environment Link - Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity, based in the Forth Valley, leading the way on connecting people and place on actions which make a positive response to the Climate Emergency.
- Living Streets Scotland - Living Streets believe that getting Scotland Walking means progress for everyone. They want to create a walking nation, free from congested roads and pollution, reducing the risk of preventable illness and social isolation, and making walking the natural choice.
- Sustrans Scotland - Sustrans Scotland’s vision for a Scotland where more people have the choice to walk, wheel, cycle or take public transport for more of their everyday journeys has never been more relevant.
- Transform Scotland - Transform Scotland is the national alliance for sustainable transport, bringing together organisations from the private, public, and voluntary sectors to campaign for walking, cycling and public transport to be the easiest and most affordable options for everyone.