At the weekly walk she is attentive to each walker’s individual needs, supporting walkers’ physical, mental and social development. Her kindness and encouragement have enabled walkers to extend their walking, as well as developing walkers’ individual confidence and self-esteem.
Beverley Clarke, a walker with the group has only praise for her Walk Leader.
Judith has a great ability to support walkers of all abilities, with her calm and patient personality. She always has time for everyone. She is a compassionate listener and has provided me with a comforting ear when I needed it. This coupled with her love of the outdoors, walking and knowledge of our natural environment makes walking with Judith a delight.
She is consistently extending her role as a volunteer with Walk in the Park in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park by:
• Developing and risk assessing new routes
• Supporting the other five Health Walk groups
• Coordinating all Volunteer Walk Leaders
• Volunteering as the Walk in the Park Steering Group secretary
• Attending meetings on a quarterly basis
• Attending further training opportunities such as Dementia Friendly Walk Leader, Safety Outdoors, Defibrillator and CPR Training with Heartstart.
Find out more about Walk in the Park on our website.
Walk in the Park is a member of our Scottish Health Walk Network.