We provide funding to projects working to increase the number of people walking in Scotland.
Each year, we award thousands of pounds to versatile and inspiring projects that are passionate about improving health and wellbeing through increased physical activity.
Our Walking for Health Fund 2019-20 is now open!
The fund aims to:
- Increase the number of new walkers taking part in Health Walks in Scotland.
- Increase the amount of physical activity undertaken by people in Scotland, especially those experiencing health inequality.
- Improve wellbeing or reduce ill-health.
Constituted groups, registered charities, community interest companies, public sector or statutory bodies, health and social care partnerships, health boards, schools, universities, colleges, and private sector organisations working in Scotland can apply for grants of up to £10,000 to help work towards these outcomes in their own communities.
How to apply
1. Read the Guidance Notes and Expression of Interest Form below.
2. If your organisation/group meets the eligibility criteria and you have a relevant project proposal, complete the Expression of Interest Form.
3. Submit your completed form to the Walking for Health Development Officer for your area (you can download their contact details here) no later than Friday 3 May 2019.
4. The Development Officer will advise you on whether your proposal is eligible and, if so, supply you with an Application Form to complete and return by the application deadline of Friday 31 May 2019.
Do you need advice or support with your application?
We have a dedicated Walking for Health team that can provide advice and support throughout the application process. Please contact the Development Officer for your area.