The Scottish Health Walk Network
Our membership network accredits and supports providers who deliver Health Walks in Scotland. We bring together over 300 organisations with the common goal of creating a happier, healthier Scotland by supporting people to walk more.
Accrediting Health Walks
Walkers, health professionals and carers can be confident that accredited Health Walks offer safe, welcoming, accessible walks that meet best practice standards.
Health Walks are free, short, group walks, led by trained volunteers and support the most inactive people to join in.
Benefits of Membership
- Formal accreditation as a member of the network
- Access to members only online guidance, volunteer resources and walking promotion materials
- Training opportunities for volunteers and coordinators staff
- Access to grant funding opportunities
- Use of Health Walk logo
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance for trained volunteers
- Use of Paths for All’s secure Walkers Database to record health walks, walkers’ details, and extract reports from
- Promotion of your health walk on Paths for All ‘Find a health walk’ map
- Invitation to join our Annual Conference and 'Virtual Network' community
- Inclusion in Paths for All’s annual Volunteer Awards
- Invites to networking events
Joining the Scottish Health Walk Network
- To join our network, we ask providers to commit to the following:
- All volunteers complete our Walk Leader training course
- All health walks are risk assessed
- Your project has a policy for the protection of children and vulnerable adults in place
- All new walkers complete a New Walker Form for entry onto our Walkers’ Database
- If you currently provide Health Walks or would like to get started, then apply to join our network through the link below:
National Clinical Director and Chief Medical Officer Endorsement
Our Health Walks have received endorsement from Scotland's National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch.
Already a member?
To access the Scottish Health Walk Network members' area log in here.