The Scottish Health Walk Network
The Scottish Health Walk Network accredits and supports Health Walks providers throughout Scotland. Through it, Paths for All brings together over 400 organisations with the common goal of creating a happier, healthier Scotland and supporting people to walk or wheel more by taking part in a Health Walk.
Accrediting Health Walks
Health Walk participants, health professionals and carers can be confident that accredited Health Walks offer safe, welcoming, accessible walks that meet best practice standards.
Health Walks are low level, accessible, short group walks that are free to attend, led by trained Walk Leaders along a risk assessed route, and support the most inactive people to take part.
Any group or organisation that offers walks following our Health Walk model is encouraged to join the network so they can take full advantage of the many free benefits of membership.
Benefits of Membership
- Formal accreditation as a member of the network
- Access to members-only guidance, volunteer resources, promotional materials and online tools
- Training opportunities for volunteers and staff
- Access to funding opportunities
- Use of the Health Walk logo
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance for trained volunteers
- Use of Paths for All’s secure Walkers Database to record Health Walk information, participants’ details, and extract reports
- Promotion of your Health Walk on Paths for All’s ‘Find a health walk’ map
- Places on our Annual Conference and webinars
- Inclusion in Paths for All’s annual Volunteer Awards
- Invitations to networking events
Joining the Scottish Health Walk Network
To join the network, we ask prospective members to commit to the following:
- All volunteers complete our Walk Leader training course
- All Health Walk routes are risk assessed
- You have established a policy for the protection of children and vulnerable adults
- All new participants complete a New Walker Form for entry onto the Walkers’ Database
If you are not already a member and would like to join on behalf of your group or organisation, please click on the ‘SHWN Membership Application Form button below:
Maree Todd MSP - Minister for Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Sport
The Scottish Health Walk Network received endorsement and thanks from Maree Todd MSP, during a Ministerial address at the 2022 Annual Conference.
Already a member?
To access the Scottish Health Walk Network members' area log in here.