The Scottish Health Walk Network
Our membership network accredits and supports projects who deliver Health Walks in Scotland. The Scottish Health Walk Network brings together over 300 varied projects with the common goal of creating a happier, healthier Scotland by supporting people to walk more.
Accrediting Health Walks
Walkers, health professionals and carers can be confident that our accredited Health Walk projects offer safe, welcoming, accessible walks that meet our best practice standards.
Our accredited Health Walks are free, short, group walks, led by trained volunteers. They are designed to welcome and support the most inactive people to join in.
Benefits of membership
- Formal accreditation as a member of the network and use of our branding
- Direct support from one of our Development Officers
- Access to grant funding
- A suite of training opportunities available to volunteers and coordinators
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance for trained volunteers
- Use of the Medical Protection Society statement of support
- Use of the online Walkers Database to record project statistics
- Promotion of your walks, including listing on our website and online map
- Invitation to join our 'Virtual Network' for members and participation in online NetworkChats
- Regular communications via our printed and email newsletters
- Inclusion in national awards opportunities
- Networking opportunities for Coordinators and Volunteers
- Access to members only online guidance, volunteer resources and walking promotion materials
Joining the Scottish Health Walk Network
To join our network, we ask that projects commit to the following:
- All walk leaders complete our Paths for All Walk Leader course
- All walks will be risk assessed
- Your project has a policy for the protection of children and vulnerable adults in place
- All new walkers will complete a New Walker Form for entry onto our national Walkers’ Database
National Clinical Director and Chief Medical Officer Endorsement
Our Health Walks have received endorsement from Scotland's National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch and Scotland’s previous Chief Medical Officer, Dr Catherine Calderwood.
Already a member?
To access the Scottish Health Walk Network members' area log in here.