Smarter Choices Smarter Places (SCSP) is our behaviour change programme encouraging people to travel actively and sustainably by walking, wheeling, cycling and using public transport.
In response to the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow (31 October – 12 November 2021), Smarter Choices Smarter Places has made £110,000 of funding available through our COP26 Legacy Fund. This is for projects that will specifically link transport with the wider environmental agenda. Scotland has an ambitious target to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2045. We work to support this target through encouraging greater use of sustainable travel to help reduce congestion and carbon emissions.
Applicants are encouraged to submit expressions of interest for this funding through our Grants for All portal. Expressions of interest should be made under the SCSP Open Fund grants stream and include ‘COP26 Legacy’ in the project title. Ideally, these should be submitted during November 2021 as we maintain focus on environmental outcomes over the COP26 period.
Applicants can apply for grants from £5,000 to £50,000. Funding is available for 50% of a total project cost, although 25% of the total project cost can be in-kind contributions. Projects will have 12 months from the date of award to complete their activity. The funding is for revenue activities only and not for capital works.
If you’re interested in making an application, please read our Open Fund Guidance first.
Some examples of activity that could be supported include:
- Activities that increase awareness of, and support people to tackle the Climate Emergency
- Carbon emission reducing cycling and walking activities
- Climate change awareness events
- Raising awareness of air pollution and its effects on our environment and health
- Environmental projects that benefit the community, increase environmental sustainability and encourage greater use of sustainable forms of travel
- Providing training, advice and support
- Holding car-free days
Please get in touch on email@example.com to discuss your proposals and ideas.