Our Smarter Choices, Smarter Places programme supports local authorities in Scotland to encourage more active and sustainable travel choices.
This year, we have awarded £5 million of funding to local authorities to encourage less car use and more journeys by foot, bicycle, public transport and car share. Funds, supported by Transport Scotland, are allocated on a population basis to local authorities, to enable projects to be implemented from April.
The projects encourage and promote active and sustainable transport in a number of innovative ways including:
- Maps, apps, real time passenger information and guides
- Work with schools, businesses and local communities
- Community and workplace active travel challenges
- Walking and cycling festivals
- Support to voluntary and community organisations supporting active travel
Smarter Choices, Smarter Places funded projects
See the summary reports from previous years:
If you would like to find out more, contact the SCSP team at firstname.lastname@example.org