This is an interactive and practical one day course which will help you get colleagues walking more in and around the working day. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop and deliver a successful workplace walking initiative. We’ll provide you with ideas on how you can promote workplace walking from active travel to lunchtime walks, pedometer challenges to walking meetings and more.
What will I learn?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of an active workplace for employer and employee
- Understand the key messages around physical activity and walking
- Ways to promote walking in your workplace
- Lead short walks with colleagues
- Plan and risk assess walking routes in and around your workplace
- Know where to find help and support
Who's it suitable for?
This course is for anyone interested in staff health and promoting physical activity to colleagues and employees. It’s ideal for businesses and organisations working towards their Healthy Working Lives Award.
How do I book?
Please email the course organiser - Marianne Ribier