A one day course that provides practical advice and training on how to lead a Health Walk safely and effectively.
What will I learn?
- Outline the main benefits to be gained from becoming more active.
- Recognise the main barriers faced by people in participating in a programme of regular walking.
- Explain the current recommended amount and type of physical activity to benefit health.
- Understand the stages of a health walk and describe the main issues and considerations involved in organising and leading a health walk.
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of a Walk Leader to safely accommodate participants.
How do I book?
Please email the course organiser - Claire Buchanan