This is a half day workshop for Walk Leaders who lead walks within Walking for Health projects in a range of settings. This course is delivered by an experienced trainer with Otago/Later Life experience.
What will I learn?:
- Increase your understanding about the effects of ageing
- Explore the benefits of an active older age
- Identify how active we need to be, based on the ‘Start Active, Stay Active’ 2013 guidelines
- Try out the Strength and Balance exercises
- Group discussion about promoting strength and balance exercises with walkers
How do I book? Please email the course organiser - Roy McPherson