This training aims to increase confidence in supporting the inclusion of disabled people in outdoor activities such as Health Walks or other low level activities. The focus of this course is on ability rather than disability, and the aim is to help you to influence and deliver good practice, to communicate effectively and to find out where to go for further information.
The course is delivered by experienced trainers from Scottish Disability Sport.
What will I learn? After attending this course you will:
- Be able to recognise the influence of perceptions and experiences
- Be able to idenfiy techniques for good inclusive practice
- Be able to identify potential challenges to participation and identify possible solutions
- Appreciate the importance of effective communication
- Be able to identify sources of additional information and further support
How do I book?
Please email the course organiser - Mary Stewart