We provide funding to projects working to increase the number of people walking in Scotland.
Funding Round 2020-21
This year there are a few changes to the Walking for Health Fund:
- Only members of the Scottish Health Walk Network can apply (if you are not currently a member but want to start delivering Health Walk’s then please get in touch to discuss your proposal).
- There is no funding deadline, instead there is a rolling application and assessment process until all the funding is allocated. There is £160,000 to be allocated before March 2021.
- There are two funding streams: one offering grants up to £7,500 and one up to £15,000.
This year the fund aims to:
- Diversify and increase the number of new walkers taking part in Health Walks in Scotland
- Increase the amount of physical activity undertaken by people in Scotland (especially those experiencing inequality)
- Improve wellbeing and/or reduce ill-health
The fund Application Guidance and the initial Expression of Interest Form can be downloaded from the Scottish Health Walk member area of the website. If you have any problems accessing the member area please get in touch.
Get in touch with the Walking for Health Development Officer for your area if you want to discuss your ideas, clarify what the fund is looking for, or ask for advice.