We realise this can be hard during periods of stormy or icy weather for older adults. If you can't get outside for a walk once a day for whatever reason try and keep active throughout the day. Read why sitting for too long is bad for your health and wellbeing.
You can be active throughout the day by:
- standing up and moving during TV advert breaks
- standing or walking while on the phone
- walking upstairs as much as possible
- making housework part of your daily routine
- trying strength and balance exercises. Watch our strength and balance videos to guide you through 8 simple exercises that will keep you functionally fit