The Scottish Government’s National Performance Framework highlighted below are the elements to which Paths for All's activities contribute:
- Safer and Stronger
- We live longer, healthier lives
- We have tackled the significant inequalities in Scottish society (especially health inequalities)
- We live in well-designed, sustainable places where we are able to access the amenities and services we need
- We reduce the local and global environmental impact of our consumption and production
- We have strong, resilient and supportive communities where people take responsibility for their own actions and how they affect others
- We value and enjoy our built and natural environment and protect and enhance it for future generations
- National Indicator 21 – Reduce mortality from coronary heart disease among the under 75s in deprived areas.
- National Indicator 37 – Increase the proportion of adults making one or more visits to the outdoors per week.
- National Indicator 15 – Increase the average score of adults on the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale by 2011.
- National indicator 28 – Increase the percentage of adults who rate their neighbourhood as a good place to live.
- National Indicator 36 – Increase the proportion of journeys to work made by public and active travel.
- National Indicator 13 – Increase the social economy turnover.
- National Indicator 32 – Reduce overall ecological footprint.
Regarding national policies, strategies and legislation, PFA activities contributes directly towards the delivery of the following:
Health and Well-Being
Physical Activity Strategy
Better Health Better Care
Obesity Route Map
Centre for Healthy Working Lives
Scottish Government, 2008, The Early Years Framework
Community Sports Hubs
Mentally Flourishing Scotland
National Planning Framework 2
Scottish Transport Strategy
Regional Transport Strategies
Cycling Action Plan for Scotland
Environment and Climate Change
Climate Change Act
Climate Change Delivery Plan
Enjoying the Outdoors
SNH Paths Policy
Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003
Scottish Outdoor Access Code
Scottish Rural Development Plan
Central Scotland Green Network
Community Development and Volunteering
International Year of Volunteering
All Our Futures: Planning for a Scotland with an Ageing Population
Sustainable Economic Growth
Tourism Framework for Change
The Government Economic Strategy