The City of Edinburgh Council is advertising for a candidate to work in a small team implementing their award-winning Active Travel Action Plan.
The successful candidate will work a small team implementing the Council's award-winning Active Travel Action Plan - a focussed strategy aimed at increasing walking and cycling in Edinburgh. The job will have a particular focus on updating the Council’s Street Design Guidance and on delivering walking-related actions from the ATAP. The following areas of experience/ knowledge/ interest are highly desirable:
- Location: Waverley Court, Edinburgh
- Salary: £27,106 - £32,423
- Hours: 36
- Full TimeFixed term contract, 18 months
- Closing date for applications: 2 November 2012
- Street/ traffic management design and preferably use of relevant computer design packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working to promote walking
You must hold a degree in an appropriate subject, or have an appropriate HNC plus relevant experience, or have obtained current registration with the Engineering Council at minimum level of IEng.
This post is part funded by Paths for All.